What Dave will do for you
IN PREPARATION FOR YOUR EVENT, I WILL
- Be available to discuss plans for my speech.
- Know what your organization does and why it does it.
- Know why I am there and have a specific plan to accomplish your goals for my presentation.
- Know the theme of your meeting and relate my presentation to it.
- Know why your people would want to hear what I have to say on this topic.
- Coordinate with other speakers or the speakers bureau to assure your goals are met.
- Notify you in advance of my travel itinerary.
AT YOUR PRESENTATION LOCATION, I WILL
- Notify you when I arrive on site and contact you immediately should any serious delays occur.
- Be accessible to you from the time I arrive until I leave.
- TELL YOU THE TRUTH 100% OF THE TIME
- Retire early the night before my speech.
- Be reasonable and considerate in my use of room charges and incidental expenses.
- Be in the meeting room for a sound check at least one hour before I speak.
- Coordinate with the set-up crew and other presenters to make sure my needs fit overall needs.
- Stay out of the way until it is my turn to speak.
- Study your audience and the other speakers to align my message with them.
- Be dressed appropriately, always one step more formal or business-like than the audience.
- Provide an easy, brief introduction and be available to coach my introducer.
- Make suggestions to the crew as to how to maximize audience impact through creative use of lights, sound or staging.
- Be in the room, seated and visible to you even before my introduction begins.